Monday, September 21, 2009

Research Journal #5a Reference Articles

The first website that I visited was called infoplease.com.
-From this site the only information that I was able to find was a biography of Henry Alfred Kissinger. Although this information was not new to me, the electronic database did refresh my memory as well as list the other books that Kissinger has written.
-I could not find and author of this biography listed.
-The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed.
-2007
-Page Number not available for electronic source.
On this website I did not do a search for any specific terms, I just started from the home page and just followed links until I found an article pertaining to Kissinger.
http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0827824.html accessed on 9/21/09

The second website that I visited was State.gov
-on this website I found a ton of interesting information. I was able to access a document that Kissinger wrote to president Nixon during the Vietnam war. This information was very interesting to me, I have no read the whole thing yet because it is well over 100 pages.
-Henry Kissinger
-Memorandum From the President’s Assistant for National
Security Affairs (Kissinger) to President Nixon
-Washington DC
-National Archives
-May 19, 1970
-I used the following keywords in my search:
Kissinger, Henry, Diplomacy, Vietnam
-I accessed the article on 9/21/09

No comments:

Post a Comment