Thursday, August 20, 2009

Research Journal #1 Areas of Academic Interest

Areas Of Academic Interest





  • Politics


-I love to read and study Politics over the last 50 year. I usually Read about Kennedy and Nixon. Both of these administrations were very interesting and fun to learn about. When it comes to politics I also spend a lot of my free time reading about new laws and bills that are and various stages of the system. My interest usually focuses on bills that pertain the the financial industry.





  • History, Primarily focusing on American History in the last 50 Years


-As I said under my first bullet point, Richard Nixon and John F Kennedy are two major players in American History that I enjoy to study the most. Perhaps my favorite part of history is learning about the personalities of major historical figures. I enjoy this because when you can see more about who is making laws, you can see why the laws were passed and the effect that they had.




  • Communication
- Although communications is not part of my major or any concentration that I plan to pursue, I have come to realize that the subject is very interesting. I like to see the effects that attitude and expression have when it comes to human interaction. I took a public speaking class last semester and I realized the it is a skill that everyone should have and use, I just do not believe that it is a worthwhile focus of study for me.

  • Business, Usually focusing of business ethics and financial management
- I see business ethics, at least in my definition, as a practical application of the skills that are gain from communication classes. These skills range anywhere from the attitude you have all the way to the way you dress. I have taken my ideas one step further and have started what I call, a social experiment. I am sure that you have noticed that I wear a tie to class everyday. This is because wearing a tie gives people a very serious impression. I am a very serious person when it comes to school and work. I enjoy the respect that comes automatically when I wear a tie. I am showing respect to the people around me and therefore they seem to show me respect at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment